Dr. Alain Mavon, Senior Director of Science & Innovation, explains.
– A skin care routine is much more powerful than single products, which we’ve proven through numerous clinical studies. We saw a dramatic improvement in skin quality after 12 weeks using a skin care routine: deeper moisturisation, obvious wrinkle reduction, dramatic skin brightening, depending on the NovAge routine tested. This is achieved because each step of the routine is designed for a special function, and each one is necessary.
How was this measured? What exactly did we compare?
– Each of the NovAge routines has been clinically tested on a volunteer panel, the real people. They applied the products for a period of 3 months, and we measured the variation of skin changes from the beginning to the end with scientific devices, so it’s an objective physical evaluation which allows us to create a clinical claim for each of the sets.
How do I choose the right products for my skin?
– We all have different skin needs, so I would primarily focus on skin concerns. You might want to target your first wrinkles, improve your skin’s luminosity or apply a complex solution for mature skin, like Time Restore.
How long does it take to know the products are effective?
– You’ll see the first results right after the start. And it’s not only about moisturization. Take NovAge Ecollagen Wrinkle Power – this fantastic routine offers instant* visible wrinkle reduction which you’ll see from the first application. And the longer you use your routine, the better the result will be.
And is it true I need to change my routine once in a while?
– That’s something we’ve heard a lot. However, we’ve just finished a clinical study where we tested a skin care routine for 6 months. And over the course of 6 months, skin gets better moisturized, much brighter, nourished and younger-looking. So no, your skin does not get used to your routine – it only gets better with time.