Niacinamide is trending! It’s a powerhouse skin care ingredient that the skin care savvy have been raving about for years, but only recently is it getting the attention it deserves. Find out what’s so great about this skin-loving vitamin and which products to use!
If you’re into skin care, your bathroom cabinet is probably full of different serums, masks and moisturisers that target different skin issues (I know mine is!). And while using 10 different products to work on our skin issues can make us feel like techy skin care experts, sometimes we just want our routines to be simple and effective. Wouldn’t it be great to find an ingredient that can help reduce wrinkles, combat pigmentation and improve acne-prone skin all in one go? Enter Niacinamide!
Niacinamide, also called Nicotinamide, is a form of vitamin B3. It’s a water-soluble vitamin and an essential nutrient that is vital for many functions in the body such as brain function, digestion and optimal health of the nervous system. It also helps provide our cells with energy to work effectively, is important for DNA repair and has gained popularity as a skin care ingredient because of its many skin care benefits.
• It helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines, reversing signs of photoaged skin
• Helps reduce pigmentation, melasma and brighten the skin
• Can help improve acne-prone skin
• Helps to visibly reduce pore size
• Helps to stimulate collagen production
• Improves dull complexion
• Strengthens the skin barrier which helps improve skin hydration
• Can help improve skin elasticity and resilience
• It can also enhance the efficacy of products designed for dry, sensitive, mature and skin with acne
What a show-off! All of this, in just a few drops. So if you feel like simplifying your routine or don’t want to spend all your hard-earned cash on skin care, niacinamide is the perfect go-to!